1. Gourmet Popcorn + Movie: Make or buy a bag of gourmet popcorn, then cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie on Netflix or Hulu.
2. Valentine's Cards: Pick up some paper crafting supplies and make each other cute valentine's cards. Write in the cheesiest love poems you can think up. Make sure you can't see each other's cards until you exchange them at the very end!
3. Backyard Picnic: Cook your favorite warm dish together and then bring it out for a picnic in the backyard.4. Hike + Junk Food: Stop by and pick up each of your favorite junk foods. Bring them with you on a hike and when you reach the top (or a nice spot), sit down and indulge together.
5. Surprise Gifts + Guesses: Head to a local outdoor shopping village (one that's pretty to walk around). Split up to purchase tiny gifts for each other and then hide them somewhere on your person. Meet up at a designated spot, then walk around together and try to guess where the other person got your gift and what they got. Have your top three guesses ready for the big reveal at the end where you exchange your gifts and see who guessed right!
6. Monster Figurines: Get a few colors of polymer clay and a bag of googly eyes at a local craft store and make silly figures or monsters together. Bake them in the oven for a cute little date keepsake.
7. Drink/Snack + Walk: Pick up froyo or hot chocolate at a local shop. Chat and walk around the surrounding area. Tal and I did this just the other day! We got froyo and window shopped at the local University Village.
9. Evening Doughnuts: Go out for doughnuts in the evening!
10. Photobooth: Gather silly items! Scour your house, ask friends for silly party goodies they don't want, check the discount/out-of-season section at a local party store, visit a thrift shop, or make your own from craft supplies and things you find lying around the house. You can even borrow big frames from your photos or make and paint cardboard masks. Find a good spot (blank wall, good lighting) and use your phone to take tons of funny photobooth pics - either manually or via the Party Party app ($0.99). Print your faves and hang them up on the fridge/wall!
Sorry for the fuzzy photo! I don't usually bring my camera out so it was taken with my iPhone. What are your favorite inexpensive dates? I'd love to hear your ideas! :)
*Date Ideas is a series where I share cute, simple suggestions for dates. Since I live in Seattle, you'll most likely see Greater Seattle locations, but with a simple online search, they should be easy to recreate in most areas! If you have any cool date ideas you'd like to share, I'd love to hear about them!